What’s on the menu for your hungry football crew this season? Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® wants to help you feed the big game madness. Pick up some dough from the frozen food section at your local grocer, let it thaw and whip up one of these delicious recipes. It’s the perfect time saver for busy schedules.
Rhodes has shared three delicious recipes with us and you can add and subtract flavor combinations to please your entire crowd. Add some cold brew and enjoy the game!
Bacon Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 20 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 6 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- mozzarella cheese sticks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 20 slices raw bacon
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Flatten each roll into a 5 inch circle.
- Combine chicken, buffalo sauce, dressing and celery. Divide filling evenly between the 20 circles, placing a mound in the center of the circle. Place 1 cheese piece on top of filling. Pull dough up to enclose filling and pinch together to seal.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each bundle and secure with a toothpick, pinched end up. Place on sprayed baking sheet and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes.
Servings 8 – 10
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough, 12 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls or 8 Rhodes Texas Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Brown sausage and drain. Stir in cheese, 1 of the eggs, beaten, and Italian seasoning. Set aside while preparing dough.
- On a counter sprayed with non-stick cooking spray roll loaf or combined rolls into an 18×16 inch rectangle. Spoon sausage mixture onto dough and spread evenly to within 1/2 inch of edge. Roll dough up starting on a long side. Pinch to seal seam. Place, seam side down, on sprayed baking sheet to form a circle. Pinch ends together.
- Make cuts with scissors all the way around the outside of the ring. The cuts should be about 1 inch apart and two-thirds of the way into the ring (place an oven safe bowl in the center of the ring to help retain the circle in the middle). Whisk the remaining egg and brush it over the ring. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Rhodes Foodball Pepperoni Pizza
- 12 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2-3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 24-26 slices pepperoni
- 1 string cheese
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine dinner rolls and roll into a football shape, 17-inches long and 12-inches wide.
- Place on a sprayed baking pan. Poke several times with a fork to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Pre-bake at 350°F 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool and then top with sauce and cheese. Place pepperoni in the center of the pizza in a smaller football shape.
- Slice the string cheese lengthwise into fourths to form the laces and arrange on top of the pepperoni.
- Bake an additional 10-13 minutes.
A big thank you to Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® for sharing their delicious recipes with us! You can find these and more on their website and follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!